Records tumble as VIJAY Kumar grabs a Gold

Records tumble as Kumar grabs a GoldIndian shooter Vijay Kumar set a new Commonwealth Games Final Record, grabbing a Gold medal in Singles 25m Rapid Fire Pistol.

“I'm happy because this is my second Gold medal.” said Vijay.

The 25-year-old racked up 787.5 points on his way to victory, having earlier broken his own Games Qualification Record with a score of 583 points.

Malaysian shooter Hasli Izwan won Silver with a score of 760.3 points.

“I went through the first target okay, but after that I had a problem with the trigger and moved a bit too slow, so that's why I had a bad first shot. The rest of the shots were okay.” Izwan told

Meanwhile, Gurpreet Singh, the Indian Gold medallist in the Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Pairs and 10m Air Pistol Pairs, continued his golden run by adding a Bronze to his medal haul.

“I was not satisfied with my score,” he said.

When asked about him being under any pressure, “There was no pressure on me because my score was not good,” he added.

Satellite Image

Popular Posts